Friday, November 13, 2009

Geronimo!



I designed and installed this piece back in September for a music professor's office at the University of Alabama.   The office serves as both her individual, professional space and a place for her to teach students and small classes.  Despite it's present state of collapse, it's a fully functional shelf .

I was a little rushed to finish it and would like to go back to tweak a few things I think aren't just right.  I'd jostle a few records and I'd probably add a little life to the books and picture frames on the bottom shelf--changing the narrative  so the top shelf collides with the bottom. Right now, it's the instant before the top shelf slams into the bottom.  But generally, I think the piece has got what I was driving at.

Also, I'd like to take some photographs of the shelves in the beautiful natural light of her office.  These were taken at about 3am, when--even as far south as Tuscaloosa--there is surprisingly no sunlight. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment